Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My NEW Knitting Chair!!!

Yesterday we had an impromptu visit to IKEA (which is a four hour drive - one way) to order a new sofa as ours is starting to fall apart and is starting to be a safety hazard for the baby. The staples are falling out of the bottom (thanks to the kittens who like to crawl into the couch from the bottom and hide) and I'm so worried that Pooter will find a staple before I do and eat it. So... we ordered the Karlstad 3+2 sectional sofa in brown. I had wanted to get a dark grey, but upon seeing the fabric in the showroom, I didnt like it anymore. It just looked... tired and cheap. Like it had once been a beautiful black sofa that has sat in the sun way too long. I had wanted that fabric because it was machine washable, but the brown is drycleanable.... so... I could always Dryel a cushion cover if it gets covered in the bodily fluids of a baby. It'll be here in about 2 weeks.

I also wanted a new chair to knit in. I bought the Poang with a black-brown frame and a black cushion. I also got a matching footstool. I needed to replace the Papasan chair that I've had for about 5 or 6 years now. It's just getting a little rickety and the only one that sits in it regularly is Pooter and even he is starting to not like it anymore. I put it together this morning (we got home at about 12:30 last night and went straight to bed) and it was only a few pieces to bolt together which was nice. As you can see by the photo, Mischief and Mayhem have already made themselves at home on it:

0811091645.jpg
(photo taken with my cell phone...)

Remember that chart I was complaining about making a few weeks ago? Well I finished it and have been working on the intarsia part of that sweater. At one point in time, I had 10 (? I was too scared to count) little balls of yarn attached to the back of the project. It was a tangled mess for awhile but I muddled through it:

downsized_0808091454.jpg

THat's all the yarn I was working with, the chart underneath it, and the knitting a little bit behind it. I'm trying to obscure the work a bit so it doesn't violate any knitty submission laws should I decide to submit it. I'm finally back down to two colors and in a few rows I'll be back down to one color. Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment