Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Is it possible to twist stitches AFTER you've joined in the round?

Answer:

Yes.

I've done it twice now.

I'm using 5 dpns and the stitches on the needles that are hanging down get twisted between the needles. I use dpns a lot and I've never had this happen before.

I'm working on a hat for the (big) man of the house while he is a way at a music festival. I'm using this pattern (That Chocolate's Gone Straight to your Ribs) and using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Coal. Everything that man wants knit for him has to be black. Boring.

Because WOTA is a yarn I've been contemplating using for some designs and other projects I made a "good" swatch. (As opposed to knitting some stitches and some rows, measuring while still on the needles and saying close enough). I cast on 30 stitches, and knit stockinette for about 3", bound off, and ::gasp:: blocked it. Counting stitches and rows on black yarn was difficult but I think I got it. To prove that I actually DID do what I just said I did... I took a picture:

0803092125.jpg

As I was pinning my little swatch to a folded up kitchen towel, I decided that I needed these:


... Blocking mats and blocking pins from Knit Picks. I'm half tempted to order them, but the pins are backordered a bit... and I SHOULD really wait until I'm working again in Sept.... Yes, I think that these would be a nice treat for having to deal with the kids all summer long. Problem is though, that once I'm working again, my knitting time will dwindle so I may not use them often. Grrrrr..... !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment