Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A whole lotta Mischief & Mayhem

I have been uber busy this week. Last week, my cousins came to visit and brought some kittens that their cat had had back in May. Well, let's just say that the animal population in our house grew by two. Let me introduce you to Mischief and Mayhem (the only way I could get a good photo of them was when they were asleep... they aren't named Mischief and Mayhem for nothing!)

Mayhem is sitting next to the sleeping baby and Mischief is on the black footstool in the right of the photo. They get into everything.

On the knitting front... it was Knit Picks day yesterday!



Here's what I received:
  • 2 skeins Shine Sport (1 grass; 1 green apple)
  • 3 skeins Wool of the Andes (coal)
  • 5 skeins Merino Style (grasshopper)
  • 9 skeins Comfy Worsted (October)
  • Sweater 101 book
  • Essential/Stroll color card
  • Size 5 nickle plated needle tips
  • Size 6 nickle plated needle tips
  • 24" interchangeable cable length
  • Size 3 DPNs
  • "Sweater in Progress" keychain
The Shine Sport is to make Sheldon, the Wool of the Andes is to make a hat for the boyfriend, the Merino Style is for an original design of mine, and the Comfy Worsted is to make a cropped cardigan for my daughter (Mia by Debbie Bliss in her book Junior Knits).

Besides the kittens, my knitting has been driving me nuts too. Left leaning decreases followed by a right leaning decrease (k2tog) will be the death of me. I've been working on my Lillian tank top and... I don't know. I mean, I know that no one will notice that the two decreases don't match each other (at least that's what I'm telling myself) and when I photographed it, the differences didn't really show but still... grr... Anyone know of a good knitting ocd therapist!? Do you think insurance would cover that?

The offending lace....

0713091519.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment